Board of Commissioners
- Meetings are held every 1st Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. at the Portland Housing Authority, 14 Baxter Boulevard, Portland, ME 04101.
- The date and location of the regular meeting is subject to change, but shall be designate at a prior meeting of the Board.
- The annual meeting was held on Thursday, July 11, 2019 where the election of officer and committee appointments take place.
- Next scheduled regular meeting: Thursday, August 1, 2019.
Meeting Agenda and Minutes
- Agendas are available prior to the meetings and shown below.
- Minutes are posted following Board approval
Portland Housing Authority - Annual Meeting Agenda
- Roll Call
- Declaration of a Quorum
- Resolution: Approval of Minutes of the regular meeting of June 6, 2019
- Report of Nominating Committee for the Election of Officers
- Resolution: Election of PHA Chair for fiscal year ending June 30, 2020
- Resolution: Election of PHA Vice-Chair for fiscal year ending June 30, 2020
- Resolution: Appointment of Human Resources Committee Chair for fiscal year ending June 30, 2020
- Resolution: Appointment of Finance Committee Chair for fiscal year ending June 30, 2020
- Search Committee Update
- Resolution: Approving Saturday, August 10, 2019 as the date for a special meeting of the PHA Board of Commissioners for the purpose of conducting interviews of candidates for the position of Executive Director. This meeting will be conducted in Executive Session under Title 1 MRS 405(6)(D) due to matters of agency personnel.
- Finance Committee Report
- Resolution: Ratification and affirmation of all actions taken by the Board during the previous year
- Executive Director's Report
- Development and RAD Update
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Mariar Balow, Chair
- Robyn Tucker, Vice Chair
- Kirstin Blum, Commissioner
- Thomas Valleau, Commissioner
- Christian MilNeil, Commissioner
- Monique Mutumwinka, Commissioner
- Shirley Peterson, Commissioner
The Commissioners serve five-year terms (unless appointed to fill an unexpired term of a previous member) and they are appointed by the Portland City Council. They meet once a month and vote on various items such as policies, budget approvals, etc.
Portland Housing Authority By-Laws Excerpt
The By-Laws state: "the Commissioners of the Authority shall perform such duties as are incumbent upon them by reason of their appointment to any office and by law, and shall perform such other duties and functions as may from time to time be required by the Authority or its By-Laws, or which may arise by reason of their appointment to serve on committees functioning within the Authority or in cooperation with other persons or groups."