Board of Commissioners
- Meetings are held every 1st Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. at the Portland Housing Authority, 14 Baxter Boulevard, Portland, ME 04101.
- The date and location of the regular meeting is subject to change, but shall be designate at a prior meeting of the Board.
- The annual meeting will be held on Thursday, July 2, 2020 where the election of officer and committee appointments take place. Meeting will be held remotely via GoToMeeting. Instructions on how to join the meeting below:
Please join Annual Board Meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
(For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
United States: +1 (872) 240-3412
- One-touch: tel:+18722403412,,522095445#
Access Code: 522-095-445
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/522095445
Meeting Agenda and Minutes
- Agendas are available prior to the meetings and shown below.
- Minutes are posted following Board approval
Portland Housing Authority - Annual Meeting Agenda
- Roll Call
- Declaration of a Quorum
- Resolution: Approval of Minutes of the regular meeting of June 4, 2020
- Introduction to Fostering Youth to Independence (FYI) staff: Navigator - Chelsea Monzel, and Coordinator, Meghan Condry
- Discussion of charges pending against Christian MilNeil for Criminal Mischief and any possible action the Board wishes to take
- Taking nominations for the Election of Officers
- Resolution: Election of PHA Chair for fiscal year ending June 30, 2021
- Resolution: Election of PHA Vice-Chair for fiscal year ending June 30, 2021
- Resolution: Appointment of Human Resources Committee Chair for fiscal year ending June 30, 2021
- Resolution: Appointment of Finance Committee Chair for fiscal year ending June 30, 2021
- Finance Committee Report
- Executive Director's Report: Use of COVID-19 Funds-to-Date; Development/Repositioning Update; Upcoming meeting dates
- Resolution: Approving Award of Project Based Vouchers pursuant to RFP
- Development and Repositioning Update - Resolutions regarding 337 Cumberland Avenue; Front Street - Phase 2; and Harbor Terrace Projects
- Resolution: Ratification and affirmation of all actions taken by the Board during the previous year
- Upcoming Meetings: Finance Committee, July 21, 2020; Board Meeting, August 6, 2020
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Mariar Balow, Chair
- Robyn Tucker, Vice Chair
- Kirstin Blum, Commissioner
- Thomas Valleau, Commissioner
- Christian MilNeil, Commissioner
- Monique Mutumwinka, Commissioner
- Shirley Peterson, Commissioner
The Commissioners serve five-year terms (unless appointed to fill an unexpired term of a previous member) and they are appointed by the Portland City Council. They meet once a month and vote on various items such as policies, budget approvals, etc.
Portland Housing Authority By-Laws Excerpt
The By-Laws state: "the Commissioners of the Authority shall perform such duties as are incumbent upon them by reason of their appointment to any office and by law, and shall perform such other duties and functions as may from time to time be required by the Authority or its By-Laws, or which may arise by reason of their appointment to serve on committees functioning within the Authority or in cooperation with other persons or groups."